These are the current Missionaries that Bridge to Grace Covenant Church supports:
Physician Assistant (PA) Medical Missionary to DR - Congo
Marta will be leaving again for the Congo on May 21 or 22. " Thank you so much for your prayers as I get prepared to leave".
Here is a brief overview of plans of ministry for the next couple of years, and she talks about it a little in the video.
- She has been invited to work at a different mission hospital in DRC — Vanga Baptist Mission Hospital.
- She hopes to work at the hospital the first 6 months, developing relationships with new Congolese and missionary colleagues. She may also be doing some language study during that time. They do speak Lingala in the area, but they also speak Kituba.
- September — PCP is planning a Medical Ambassador trip to the CEUM area. She is planning to travel from Vanga to Gemena in late August with hopes of remaining in the area for 6-8 weeks.
- She will return to Vanga in late October to keep working at the Vanga Hospital.
- Sometime in 2022, she hopes to help the Vanga Baptist Mission hospital implement the program Helping Babies Breathe. This is a program that has been done in the CEUM area. She would like to bring down two nurses from the Karawa/CEUM area to help with training at the Vanga hospital.
Link to the Ministry Video:
Update from Fabio Muniz May 2022
- CAR: We are in need of a car to use in the Chicago area from July 18-August 30th. If you know anyone who has a car available, even if for just part of the time, please let us know (5 seats, ideally).
- HOUSING FOR A COUPLE: We have friends from Brazil traveling to Chicago from May 30-June 2nd. They speak a bit of English and are looking for a host home where they can practice their English. Anyone interested in hosting them? He's a cook so he might be up for making a meal or two for you!
- HOUSING FOR FABIO: Fabio will be in Chicago from June 5-13 for a class at North Park Seminary and is looking for a place to stay. Please let us know if you know of something in the area.
- Home assignment begins June 25th for Julia and Johnna and July 1st for Fabio and Sophia. Please pray for all the details involved. It is a huge undertaking to plan. We need wisdom, grace and lots of strength! Hoping to see you along the way!!
- Health for all four of us.
- Finishing strong before the two-month summer break.
- Ukrainians and other refugees/immigrants to get the housing and resources they need.
We also believe when people see the values of the kingdom of God being lived out here in France, they catch a glimpse of Jesus. People of different backgrounds working together and serving one another in such a divided world, this does not go unnoticed! People have a place to "belong before they believe" where they can get connected and begin to experience "symbiosis", a mutually beneficial relationship with no strings and no expectations. For God's glory and our neighbor's good!
Fabio and Johnna Muniz along with their two girls serve in Lyon, France. The serve Globally under the Evangelical Covenant Church know as Cultural Fusion.
Their mission to Serve Globally facilitates the practice of the five priorities of the ECC across cultures and around the world through: equipping local congregations for mission, training the people of God through formal and informal theological education, sending missionaries to strategic places, cultivating partnerships with churches and organizations in strategic contexts. Fabio and family have recently to France and ask that we pray for them to continue to get integrated into the community, health for their family, their meetup groups and parenting.
Joel Zamorno serves with Youth With A Mission (YWAM)
Newsletter from our Missionaries to Costa Rico
Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Mathew 28:19 The mandate of the Lord Jesus is not optional, it is not limited to our capacity or will, it is a mandate, an ordinance to commit ourselves to live a genuine love for our neighbor and for God. It is a lifestyle that we need to develop and it will be part of our daily lives and not just part of a day at a special Church program. We must be willing to obey Him and go into the world around us—school, work, neighborhood, family, friends—to bring good news! There are people waiting for you! Then he said to them: "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone." Mark 16:15 2022! ...We can say that this year is being a time to learn more about the Lord and to be attentive to each of His instructions. Well, we have lived these months appreciating the way He is directing our lives and we can only give thanks for such great care for us.
We initiated new ministry activities and remain committed to the proclamation of the Gospel of Christ. As a family we are doing good. We thank God for our family. Isabela is continuing with her Japanese classes, she is at level 9 and has made a lot of progress in conversation. She is also taking the opportunity to communicate with Japanese people in Japan to improve her conversation and at the same time it is a great opportunity to share Her faith in Jesus Christ. She is also serving in the school as a teacher assistant attending the 3rd grade. For her it has been a great joy and blessing very much. We continue to pray and wait for God's timing for her to go to Japan. Alicia is doing very well in her studies, always with a high average. She continues with guitar lessons and volleyball training
Ministry Light in Action! We continue with our focus on discipleship and evangelism. Supporting our local church, other ministries and also restarting with the camps for children and teens. We will be meeting with them every month for discipleship, ministry preparation and also support for their families. We had our first camp at the end of April with 39 children from 7 to 14 years old and it was a beautiful time.
Valdinete continues to help with the counseling of mothers. She was at YWAM Santiago ministry at the Discipleship and Training School (DTS) for one week. We are also supporting a church that is starting in another nearby town doing worship. Isabela and Alicia are enjoying this time and using their gifts to glorify God.
In July we will receive our first team from Tampa, Florida. It will be a team of 30 people. They will be doing evangelism, delivering water purification filters to low-income households, and we will visit an orphanage.
Thank you … We thank you for being part of what we are doing here in the Dominican Republic through your prayers and offerings that make it possible for us to continue here. We appreciate your friendship and we pray for you that God continues to bless you greatly.
Prayer Requests: For our physical and spiritual health, for the children and youth that we are being discipled, and also for financial supporters to cover the expenses of the camps, and for the Tampa team coming up in July.
Youth With A Mission is an evangelical interdenominational, non-profit Christian, missionary organization. Founded by Loren Cunningham and his wife Darlene Cunningham in 1960, YWAM's stated purpose is to "know God and to make Him known".
Youth With A Mission (YWAM) is a global movement of Christians from many denominations dedicated to presenting Jesus personally to this generation, to mobilizing as many as possible to help in this task, and to the training and equipping of believers for their part in fulfilling the Great Commission. As citizens of God’s kingdom, we are called to love, worship, and obey our Lord, to love and serve His Body, the Church, and to present the whole gospel for the whole person throughout the whole world. We of Youth With A Mission believe that the Bible is God’s inspired and authoritative word, revealing that Jesus Christ is God’s son; that people are created in God’s image; that He created us to have eternal life through Jesus Christ; that although all people have sinned and come short of God’s glory, God has made salvation possible through the death on the cross and resurrection of Jesus Christ; that repentance, faith, love and obedience are fitting responses to God’s initiative of grace towards us; that God desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth; and that the Holy Spirit’s power is demonstrated in and through us for the accomplishment of Christ’s last commandment, “Go into all the world and preach the good news to everyone” (Mark 16:15 NLT).